Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I feel so British - Lemon Curd Tarts

I made lemon curd tarts! I always think of the UK when I hear "lemon curd." Maybe because the first time I remember hearing about it was from some British backpacker in Australia. She was going on and on how lemon curd is just the best with pancakes. And I think they way she was describing pancakes they were more like crepes than pancakes. Silly Brits. Anyways, I made some lovely tarts from my new book that simply called, tarts by Sarah Banbery.
I baked the tart shells blind. Then made the lemon curd. It was very easy, just butter, eggs, sugar and lemon juice. The pie crust was terrible to make. I don't recommend that recipe or I didn't add the correct amount of water. It was so hard to roll out and keep together. The little tart tins were helpful because I could just mold the crust into them. Then fill with the curd, top with fresh blueberries - delicious!
baked blind
with the curd!

No comments:

Post a Comment